8.5 Discussion #6 Rhetorical Analysis (Watchmen, Chapters 7-9), 8.4 Quiz #6: Watchmen Chapters 7-9, AND 8.7 Critical Response #6 | Get Quick Solution
Need help with my English question – I’m studying for my class.
8.5 Discussion #6 Rhetorical Analysis (Watchmen, Chapters 7-9)
Now that you have read Chapters 7-9 of Watchmen along with the supplemental materials that follow each chapter (pages 212-313 in our edition for this class), come up 2-3 examples where a rhetorical appeal or strategy is being used by the author, illustrator, or colorist. Be sure to indicate the chapter/section and page number, and also explain which strategy is being used, and why. Include at least one image from the graphic novel to help illustrate what you are discussing. (This can be a screenshot, Google Searched Image, or Cell Phone Image). Please make sure you are embedding the images, not attaching them, since you don’t want students to have to download anything. Check out the tutorial below before embedding an image in this discussion post. Below are some sample questions to take into consideration for your talking points in this discussion. Feel free to choose whichever one you want to focus on:
- Which rhetorical appeals (logos, pathos, ethos) are used to build characters within the story?
- Are there any fallacies used intentionally by the writer to demonstrate that a character has faulty logic? (In this case, the use of fallacies could be strategic, not an error.)
- Are certain colors used to enhance emotions (the appeal to pathos), such as fear, happiness, sadness, nostalgia, outrage, etc.?
- Are certain objects or the expressions/movements of characters used to enhance or demonstrate the emotions of characters (appeal to pathos)?
- How is the story organized (which strategies were used), and does it enhance or detract from the plot?
- Which literary devices are used to enhance the dialogue, the plot, or characterization?
8.4 Quiz #6: Watchmen Chapters 7-9
Please make sure you have read Chapters 7-9 of Watchmen and the supplemental material (pages 212-313) that follows each chapter before you take this quiz.
This quiz will not have a time limit, and you will have two attempts to take this quiz. The highest quiz score will be automatically saved by Canvas.
8.7 Critical Response #6
If you submitted Critical Response #5, you will revise that response in order to improve your writing and analysis. You should start with the feedback I left you for that response and also add in at least one new example now that you are farther along with your reading of Watchmen. It’s also possible you may need to revise your original claim/topic sentence in order to expand the scope of your discussion with the addition of new examples, characters, etc. You will use underline to demonstrate sentences/ideas/words you changed or added in. You will use strikethrough to demonstrate sentences/ideas/words you plan on taking out. Your new response should be 250-500 words. Include this word count as a 5th line in your heading, and MLA format your document.
The feedback that the professor left for me for Critical Response #5 in order to revise it
Marina: Overall, you’re doing a great job! One thing to consider is making your image a bit smaller and using text-wrapping to include it within the paragraph you’re discussing. Once you select “tight” text-wrapping, you can move the image around and place it strategically on the left or right side of the paragraph so your reader can view the image at the same time you are discussing it.
The Critical Response #5 already attached to view it and revise it.