answer the questions below as you do the readings and then use those answers to take the quiz
I need an explanation for this Geography question to help me study.
Print the PDF for the correct formatting
Read the following articles (or play with the maps) and then take the reading quiz associated with them. This quiz is not designed to be tricky but merely to make sure youve done the readings. The answers to these questions below will be the answers to the quiz but you must do all the readings beforehand because it will be timed. To get 100% on the readings quiz answer the questions below as you do the readings and then use those answers to take the quiz. Some of the questions may draw on your actual lecture notes, you may also use your lecture notes to find the answers as needed and you may also use those on the reading quiz.
#1: Demographer Quizzes (Links to an external site.): Take the easy, medium, and hard quizzes and make sure you know all the answers, some of these questions will be the same as the reading questions and some may show up on your exam!
#2: United Nations Population Predicitons: Predicted Population Graph (Links to an external site.)
- Use the graph (Links to an external site.) and the change in fertility rate below to note the UN predicted populations:
- What is the median population projection for the year 2100? _______________
- Decrease the fertility rate by just .5 children, now whats the projection for the year 2100? _________
- Increase the fertility rate by just .5 children, now whats the projection for the year 2100? __________
#3: Interactive Population maps (Links to an external site.) – Use the drop down tab to select the appropriate indicator to answer the following questions. Click on the full screen tab in the upper right to expand everything.
- List the TOTAL POPULATION and rank the following TODAY and in the year 2100:
- Explain the how the ranks change between TODAY and 2100:
- What is the PERCENTAGE UNDER 20 in the US? What about in 2100?
- What is the PERCENTAGE AGED 65 or older in the US today? What about in 2100?
- What is the PERCENTAGE AGED 65 or older in China today? What about in 2100?
- In terms of POPULATION CHANGE, is Eastern Europe growing or shrinking today?
- In terms of POPULATION CHANGE, which region in the world is growing fastest in 2100 (the only one growing!)?
#4: UN POPULATION PYRAMID (LINKS TO AN EXTERNAL SITE.)
- What is the total population in 1950, this year, and in 2050?
- What is the shape of the pyramid in 1950? Is that typical of a developed or less developed country?
- What is the shape of the pyramid in 2100? Is that typical of a developed or less developed country?
#5: US POPULATION PYRAMID (LINKS TO AN EXTERNAL SITE.)
- Animate the population pyramid and describe the changes over time.
- What is the shape of the pyramid in 1900? Is that typical of a developed or less developed country?
- What is the shape of the pyramid in 2000? Is that typical of a developed or less developed country?
#6: 2020 Census Looming (Links to an external site.)
- What will make this census different than any other ever conducted (how will it largely be conducted for the first time?)
- What are some of the profound consequences a bungled count could have?
- Why did the Republican Congress refuse to allow the reapportionment of House seats in 1920?
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.