Benchmark – Congressional Oversight and DOJ Ethics | Get Quick Solution
I need help with a Law question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Congress has the responsibility to oversee federal agencies. One of those agencies is the U.S. Department of Justice. Let us pretend that the leadership of the Federal Department of Justice has possibly engaged in inappropriate communications with a foreign power in violation of departmental policy; they are accused of meeting with foreign ambassadors without having proper authorization. In answering the following questions, explain how Congress assesses the level of compliance.
Research the original purpose regarding the creation of the Department of Justice, to assist in your understanding of this topic.
Write an essay of 1,250-1,500 words that discusses the following:
Part I: Congress and the Executive branch
- What powers does Congress have over agencies in the executive branch? Where can one find these authorized powers?
- If Congress feels that an executive branch federal agency has failed to comply with policies, procedures, and standards, what can they do about this situation?
Part II: Simulation: Ethics in the DOJ
- Read through the “Ethics Handbook for On and Off Duty Conduct” from the DOJ and the DOJ Ethics Scenario, located in the Topic Materials. As an employee of the DOJ are you able to accept any gifts or compensation for any services rendered to various individuals or groups? Explain.
- Why do you think the DOJ has implemented such policies? Are those policies in keeping with the policies, procedures, and standards that were authorized by the enabling legislation of Congress? Explain. (comp. 3.2)
- Do you think it is a good idea to attempt to keep activities of public servants from even the appearance of impropriety (see “General Principles of Ethical Conduct”, number 14)? Explain.
- Would participating in trainings with other law enforcement organizations be in keeping with the original purpose of the FBI? Explain.
Utilize four to six relevant, scholarly sources in support of your content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. This guide is located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies and professional standards:
MS in Criminal Justice with an Emphasis in Law Enforcement
MS in Criminal Justice with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
3.2: Assess the level of compliance an agency has to various policies, procedures, or accreditation standards.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.