Body Ritual Among the Nacirema | Get Quick Solution
I don’t know how to handle this Social Science question and need guidance.
Read Horace Miner’s piece about the Nacirema
(an actual culture today) and in the discussion forum, answer the following questions using sociological concepts learned this week:
- Did you experience culture shock reading about the Nacirema? Why or why not?
- How does “Body Ritual Among the Nacirema” help us understand our own view of other cultures and how we are viewed by other cultures?
- What assumptions do we make about other cultures?
- What are some examples of practices in other cultures that we find odd and hard to understand?” (For example, arranged marriages, eating and preparing unusual foods, ritual body piercing, rites of passage.)
- BONUS: Who are the Nacirema?