Chicano Study History | Get Quick Solution
I need an explanation for this History question to help me study.
Part 1 (chapters 1-2): choose one of the following 3 questions and write a detailed response to it in Canvas. Your answer is worth a possible 20 points.
(1) Two political ideologies took center stage in the history of Latin America. First, classic liberalism emerged in the nineteenth century. Nationalism, a later invention, emerged in response to the first. In which ways have liberalism and nationalism alternated in ascendancy during the past 150 years?
(2) Briefly compare the differences between the nonsedentary, semisedentary, and fully sedentary groups that inhabited the Americas before the Encounter? How would you describe their relationship to the land? How did it vary from group to group?
(3) How did the conquest of Brazil differ from the conquest of Spanish America? Be sure to include discussion of the following cultures: Tupi, Aztec, Mayas, and Incas.
Part 2 (chapters 3-4): choose one of the following 3 questions and write a detailed response to it in Canvas. Your answer is worth a possible 20 points.
(1) If the Spanish and Portuguese colonial system was a brutal one in which native Americans and peoples of African descent were oppressed, why did colonialism last for so long?
(2) Discuss the causes of the independence movements in order to pinpoint the reason for the collapse of Spanish and Portuguese rule in most of Latin America.
(3) Who would you identify as the main leaders behind the independence movements in Spanish America? How did they manage to get “the people” behind their cause?
Part 3 (chapters 5-6): choose one of the following 3 questions and write a detailed response to it in Canvas. Your answer is worth a possible 20 points
(1) Who was the caudillo, and what ideas did he represent? Provide an example of a well-known caudillo in Latin America.
(2) Briefly compare liberal ideas versus conservative ideas. Which ideas do you think predominated in postcolonial Latin America?
(3) War is usually regarded as a catalyst for change; was this the case in Latin America? Use examples to illustrate your point.
Part 4 (chapters 7-8): choose one of the following 3 questions and write a detailed response to it in Canvas. Your answer is worth a possible 15 points
(1) How did the relationship between the United States and Latin America change during the nineteenth century?
(2) Who was Porfirio Díaz? Describe his ruling style. Be sure to include the following terms in your discussion: rurales, hacendados, pan o el palo, cientificos
(3) Who were Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo? How did they represent the peasants and indigenous people who fought in the Mexican Revolution? Be sure to include in your discussion a commentary on revolutionary ideals in Rivera’s Detroit Industry mural series.
Part 5 (chapters 9-11): choose one of the following 3 questions and write a detailed response to it in Canvas. Your answer is worth a possible 15 points.
(1) What is populism? Provide at least two examples that demonstrate how populism functioned in Latin America.
(2) Why did the military stage a coup d’état in Brazil? Once in power, how did they rule the country?
(3) Who were the neoliberals, and what did they want?
Part 6 (Timerman book): compose a reflection essay in Canvas and consider any of the following questions in your response: How is it possible that a nation with democratic institutions like Argentina could plunge into a totalitarian predicament described by Timerman? Do you agree with the Argentine military’s assessment that they are justified in governing the nation instead of civilian politicians? How would you react if you had to face a similar predicament like that of Timerman’s? What lessons can other nations, including the United States, learn from this episode in Latin American history and politics? Your answer is worth a possible 10 points.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.