Child Guidance questions with 2 apa references for each question
I need help with a English question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Please answer the questions completely with at least 2 references.
Philosophies and Experiences
To reflect on your own philosophies and experiences related to guidance and discipline
- Think about the approach your parents used for child rearing. What were the characteristics you think they valued most? How did those values influence your childhood? Do the choices you make match those of your parents, or are they different?
- How would you rate yourself on a continuum from heteronomy to autonomy? How does this rating reflect your discipline approaches and the approaches of your parents and your teachers? If you are heteronomous, how can you help children become autonomous?
Positive and Productive Relationships
To reflect on strategies for establishing and maintaining positive and productive relationships among teachers, children, families, and peers
- Observe young children playing games. What evidence do you see of their unique perception of rules?
- As you interact with young children, watch for examples of their inability to think about another persons viewpoint. Do you hear the confusion of personal fantasy with fact? What is the best adult response?
- Analyze this experience, and discuss how you might help children to express their views and to hear those of another child.
Punishment and Discipline
To reflect on your own personal beliefs about punishment and discipline
- What kind of discipline did you experience as a child? How has it affected your life, your attitudes, and your self-esteem?
- Observe a group of young children on the playground. Determine which children seem to be socially competent and which children seem to be aggressive; listen carefully to their interactions. Describe how adult models might have contributed to the competence level of both groups.
- How would you explain to someone the fundamental differences between punishment and discipline? Can you relate those differences to the differences between moral autonomy and heteronomy (from Module 1)?
Appropriate Behavioral Examples and Limits
To reflect on providing appropriate behavioral examples and teaching limits,
- Notice how adults respond when children get hurt or upset. Do they deny childrens negative feelings or accept them? Do they try to distract children from emotional or physical pain? What is your own common response? Do you need to work at learning new ways to respond to a childs pain? How will you do this?
- Observe the difference in classrooms where teachers merely tell children to clean up and those where teachers work with children showing them useful clean-up approaches. What are the differences in behavior with the children?
Effective Child Guidance Plans and Goals
To reflect on the creation of effective child guidance plans and how to accomplish your goals for guidance and discipline,
- What are the behavior guidelines in an early childhood education program where you have spent time? How were these guidelines determined? Why do you think the children either do or do not follow the guidelines?
- Observe teacher-child interactions, watching for the amount of individual attention provided. How do children respond differently to individual interaction with the teacher than they do to interactions as part of a group?
- Observe a large group-time activity. Note any behavior problems that occur. Using information from this module, explain what the teacher might have done to prevent the behavior problem(s). If you do not witness any behavior problems during your observation, describe the strategies used by the teacher to prevent them from occurring.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.