choose one of the critical question below | Get Quick Solution
I’m working on a Psychology question and need guidance to help me study.
Choose ONE of the research study examples below to answer the questions below.
i uploaded the full guidelines and if you can do a video it would be very helpful.
- Identify whether this study is an example of descriptive research or experimental research. Explain in detail the factors that demonstrates that this specific research study was descriptive or experimental.
- Design a research study that answers the same research question BUT make specific changes to the study design to turn it into the other type of research (the OPPOSITE type of research as your answer to #1).
Research Study Examples
- Does eating breakfast really help students do better in school?According to some, eating breakfast can have a beneficial influence on school performance. One study distributed a survey to 250 children and their parents asking about the child’s eating habits in the morning, the child’s academic performance in multiple areas as well as average levels of energy on a given school day. Results found that children who ate a healthy breakfast on average had higher academic performance, especially in the area of mathematics, and reported more energy than students who did not eat breakfast.
- Do memory rehearsal strategies significantly impact the number of words an individual can recall? According to researcher George A. Miller, the typical storage capacity for short-term memory is seven, plus or minus two items. To examine whether short-term memory capacity can be increased via rehearsal strategies, participants in the study would be randomly assigned to one of two groups. In the first group, the participant is provided with resources instructing them on how to successfully use “chunking” to increase memory capacity prior to being instructed to use these techniques to try and memorize 10 unrelated words over the course of 1 minute. Immediately after the 60 second practice time concludes, the participant will be asked to recall as many words as possible. In the second group, the participants will be told that listening to music increases memory capacity. They will listen to music rather than review resources on chunking, will be given 60 seconds to memorize the same 10 words as the other group, and then will be asked to recall as many words as possible. Results showed that participants in the “chunking” group remembered on average 9.2 words, while those participants in the music group remembered an average 6.8 words.
- Could a person’s taste in music offer hints about their personality? Previous research has suggested that people who prefer certain styles of music tend to exhibit similar personality traits. To study this phenomenon, researchers conducted interviews with approximately 100 participants and asked them a multitude of questions about their music preferences and their behaviors around music (e.g. rate of concert attendance, average number of minutes a day they listen to their preferred music etc.) The participants were also asked to read a brief fictional vignette meant to evoke feelings of empathy and then asked to fill out a measure indicating how empathetic they felt towards the fictional subject. Participants also filled out a more general measure of levels of empathy on a daily basis. Results indicate that those who liked music that fell into the mellow dimension (R&B/soul, adult contemporary, soft rock genres) reported higher levels of empathy in response to the vignette and overall. Those who expressed more appreciation of music in the intense dimension (punk, heavy metal, and hard rock) scored lower on overall empathy and in response to the vignette.
- Do action films cause people to eat more popcorn and candy during a movie? Participants will be randomly assigned to a group that either watch an action movie or a comedy; these two movies will be chosen with care to be similar length of time and similar quality films. All participants, regardless of group, will be given the same amount of popcorn and candy (in ounces) at the start of the movie. At two points during the movies, half-way through and at the end of the movie, participant’s popcorn and candy will be weighed by researchers (in ounces). Results indicated that participants in the action movie group ate 5 more ounces of popcorn on average (30 of 32 ounces) than those participants that watched the comedy (25 of 32 ounces). Further, those watching the action movie were more likely to have finished their candy by the half-way weigh-in than those watching the comedy.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.