Im working on a English question and need guidance to help me study.
For this assignment, we are going to focus in on the U.S. Legislature. Congress has a terrible reputation for divisiveness and political pandering. We are going to research what their role is, per the Constitution, versus the perception of Congress. Additionally, we will evaluate the idea of term limits, political polls, and some of the laws enacted this term. Start by reading the following articles, and then answer the questions below.
Start with an explanation of the office and duties ( https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/the-legislative-branch/ ) AND https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9defOwVWS8&list=PL8dPuuaLjXtOfse2ncvffeelTrqvhrz8H&index=2
Our complicated relationship with Congress ( https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gallup/262316/hating-congress-american-tradition.aspx )
Congressional Performance ( http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/top_stories/congressional_performance )
How to salvage Congress ( https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/11/gallagher-congress/575689/ )
Term limits for Congress ( https://www.thoughtco.com/why-no-term-limits-for-congress-3974547 )
Getting things done ( https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-congress-divided-house-senate-passing-few-laws-20190415-story.html ) Feel free to conduct other research on their current lawmaking status.
- What was the role of Congress per the founding documents? Has this role changed over time? If so, how and why?
- What are the primary duties of the U.S. Congress? What would you consider to be the top role or duty of Congress?
- How has the relationship with the people changed over time? Why?
- Based on recent polling, how does American feel about its current Congress? What are some of the issues that are causing mixed feelings about them?
- Congressional term limits have become a largely debated topic in the last couple of decades. Considering we limit presidential terms, would term limits for congress be a good idea? What are some of the pros and cons of Congressional term limits?
- There are so many issues facing us today. (ex. Economy, immigration and border security, health care, Veteran’s issues, gun rights/control, taxation, foreign policy, etc) What policies have they been making progress with? What do you feel, as a voter or potential voter, they should be focusing on?
- Overall, based on your research, what are your thoughts on Congress. Do they deserve the bad rep? Are they working as hard as we think they should be? What changes could be made to make them more efficient and supported by voters?
This assignment must follow MLA guidelines, be typed in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, and be a minimum of 800 words with a works cited page. The works cited are not included in the minimum word count. Any sources provided in the assignment prompt MUST be used within your paper and cited in your works cited. Other sources used must be cited as well.
The U.S. Congress, made up of the Senate and the House of Representatives, is a legislative body that is responsible for representing the interests of the people and creating laws at the federal level. According to the Constitution, Congress has the power to levy taxes, regulate commerce, declare war, and borrow money. The primary duties of Congress are to make laws, approve the president’s appointments, and provide oversight of the executive branch.
The role of Congress has remained relatively unchanged since its creation, although the specific duties and responsibilities of the body have evolved over time. For example, Congress now has the power to impeach and remove federal officials, including the president, from office.
Over the years, the relationship between Congress and the American people has fluctuated. According to a recent Gallup poll, the approval rating of Congress………….
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.