I dont understand this English question and need help to study.
*THERE ARE 2 SEPERATE ASSIGNMENTS*
Instructions: The GREATs module essay requires you to research and analyze a cultural artifact of your choosing. This week, you will need to identify the cultural artifact that you plan to research. After reading the LUMEN Lessons on The Seven Steps of the Research Process and Understanding Bias, complete the following in preparation for the module essay.
- Identify the cultural artifact that you want to research and analyze (SMARTPHONES) . Complete Step 1 from the Seven Steps of the Research Process to identify and develop your topic. Create a question about your cultural artifact that you plan to answer through your research.
- Complete Step 2 from the Seven Steps of the Research Process to find background information about your topic. Summarize the background information about your cultural artifact in 1-2 paragraphs.
- Skip to Step 5 from the Seven Steps of the Research Process to find internet sources. Use the CCBC library database, or other credible sources, to find a resource that addresses your cultural artifact topic and research question.
- Complete Step 6 from the Seven Steps of the Research Process to evaluate the source (see the two videos).
- Write a critical analysis of the source you selected in 1-2 paragraphs using the information from the videos.
- Include an analysis of bias in the source (see Understanding Bias lesson).
- Determine if the source is credible by the end of your analysis.
- Complete Step 7 from the Seven Steps of the Research Process. Make sure you include MLA style Works Cited entries for all sources, and includes in-text citations when appropriate.
Seven steps: https://courses.lumenlearning.com/englishcomp2ksco…
Initial Post:For this discussion board post, respond to the prompt in two to three paragraphs (no bullets). Paragraphs should be organized by topic and not simply address the questions in order. Include examples from the text, complete with MLA in text citations.
Prompt: In Wobovniks text and video These Shoes Arent made for Walking, she presents an analysis of the high-heeled shoe as a cultural artifact. Wobovnik explains that people often have different associations with the same cultural artifact, because the cultural agents bring the object into meaning by using it (85). In other words, an object only has meaning because it is used by people, and people create meaning according to cultural and social practices.
For your GREATs module essay, you will select a cultural artifact *(SMARTPHONES)* to analyze in a similar way to Wobovniks analysis of the high-heeled shoe. For your discussion post, select a contemporary cultural artifact that either limits or promotes freedom for individuals (this may have changed throughout history, but focus on the current societal views of the object). Respond to the following questions in two to three paragraphs:
- How is the artifact experienced or interpreted?
- What is the artifacts role in society?
- How does the artifact contribute to and actively shape cultural ideals and expectations?
- How does the artifact support or revise conventional ideas, practices, or expectations?
- How does the artifact create meaning?
- How does this artifact promote specific values of freedom, or oppression?
- Which cultural groups are affected by the artifact?
- How does the artifact participate in influencing the formation of personal or group identity?
- How is this artifact representative of wider social assumptions that are promoted through media and stereotypes?
- Response to questions should be organized into paragraphs by topic.
- Include at least two quotes from Wobovnik to demonstrate your understanding of cultural artifacts and their meaning construction.
- For each example, include an MLA style in text citation.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.