ICS4 race ethnicity inequality critical essay | Get Quick Solution
I’m working on a Sociology question and need guidance to help me study.
ESSAY ASSIGNMENT: Due on Canvas: March 13, 2020
Your essay should be at least 1500 words and should be readable—double spaced, 10-12 inch fonts. You should use the reading, lectures, and films but some to a significant amount of outside research might be needed. Any outside research should be based on scholarly sources (contact me or reference librarians for help here) well and consistently cited. NO WIKIPEDIA, OTHER ENCYCLOPEDIA, OR ONLINE DICTIONARIES. No particular citation style is needed, but you need to be consistent.
Avoid plagiarism. Get acquainted with what that is and understand that significant plagiarism will mean you get a 0 on the assignment.
The essay will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Responds to the problem.
The problems have no single correct answer, but the better responses utilize the major historical/political development(s) referenced in the problem and appropriate rhetorical strategies, i.e., definition, explanation, comparison-contrast, etc.
- Makes good use of the readings and other in class material.
Avoid direct quotation from the texts, paraphrase and summarize using your own words, but give a parenthetical reference using the author’s last name and the page where you have found the information. For example, (Healey, 234) placed just before the period at the end of the appropriate sentence(s).
- Has a clear and complete thesis.
This is a sentence that contains the purpose of your essay. It names your subject and makes a statement about the subject. It briefly presents what you will develop in the following paragraphs that constitute the essay.
- Exhibits organization and coherence.
The purpose is accomplished with a clear, logical sequence of supporting points, and each part of the essay supports the purpose.
- Utilizes well-crafted sentences and paragraphs.
Make the effort to proof read and revise for spelling, grammar and syntax. Verify that each paragraph has one idea expressed in a topic sentence with appropriate supporting sentences.
Late papers will be docked up to 10 points for every day missed, including week-ends.
40 points effort-turned in on time, on-topic
40 points content–Analytical skills, accuracy, balance, etc.
20 points writing–spelling, grammar, punctuation, paragraph development
Making an effort, turning the assignment in on time and having it pass the “eyeball” test—on topic, etc. is key to at least a decent grade.
Write on ONE of the following:
- In terms of race and ethnicity, how has the meaning of “We the People” changed over the years and why. Give examples to support your example. For example, you can cite immigration and naturalization laws. In any event, some research may be necessary. Discuss the experiences of at least two different racial /ethnic groups.
- Agency is what oppressed and exploited people do about their situation. Individually and collectively they can assert agency in all sorts of ways—through direct action, running for political office, expressing themselves through art and literature, organizing sports leagues., etc. You will definitely have to do some research on this but describe and analyze two different assertions of agency. You can delve into the past but you can also discuss more recent assertions. Be sure that the two acts of agency originate from two different ethnic groups. For example, you can analyze how Jewish immigrants and their children organized garment workers strikes in the early twentieth century and then how Mexican American workers organized farm worker strikes in the late twentieth century.
I am perfectly willing to give you feedback on a draft or a partial draft or even an outline. Just don’t wait to the last minute. That is, if it is March 11 and you want me to read a draft, forget it.