Mark each sentence with a C for correct or X for run-on, splice, or fused sentence. For the sentences you marked with X make corrections so that they are complete sentences
Im stuck on a English question and need an explanation.
1. The chess-playing computer defeats every student the programmers insist that
the machine cannot really think.
2. Peoples pupils get larger when they see something that they like.
3. I wanted to wear something else for the photograph, I discovered that my
favorite outfit no longer fits.
4. The long-distance telephone company claimed that the problem was with the
local one, the local telephone company blamed the long-distance one.
5. A regular mole check should be part of an annual physical exam, and any change in
a mole should be reported to a doctor immediately.
6. Ever since my co-worker was laid off, my boss expects me to do her job in
addition to mine.
7. The children at the door are collecting for UNICEF, what shall we give them?
8. Flying is cheaper than taking the train on most trips, it also takes less time
9. I like compact fluorescent light bulbs because they save energy, but my mother likes
them because they do not get hot.
10. Maria had never realized how violent some fairy tales could be, her daughter
had a nightmare after hearing the story of Hansel and Gretel.
11. No rain had fallen for weeks in the county the local golf course broke the law
by watering the grass.
12. The toys were antiques that had belonged to Conrads grandfather, his mother
would not let him touch them.
13. You should avoid that professor because his tests have nothing to do with the readings
he assigns for the class.
14. My roommate borrowed my sweater before she returned it, she had it cleaned.
15. He had not heard the song in years, it brought back a rush of happy childhood
16. Jorge floated on his back in the lake he admired the puffy clouds high in the
17. The grammar checker on this computer gives strange advice, so I do not usually
18. In the poems, Mehitabel is a cat Archy is a cockroach who was a writer in his
19. Jan has not unpacked the boxes in his basement since he moved five years ago,
he probably doesnt really need the items in them.
20. While the drivers watched the snow falling and worried about the roads, the
skiers rubbed their hands with glee.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.