Memory Errors in Real Life Laypersons are often unaware of the extent to which memory errors (including memory of events that did not occur and memory distortions) are commonplace and widespread. The purpose of this assignment is to make you think of
Im studying and need help with a Psychology question to help me learn.
Memory Errors in Real Life
Laypersons are often unaware of the extent to which memory errors (including memory of events that did not occur and memory distortions) are commonplace and widespread. The purpose of this assignment is to make you think of not only memory errors in real life, but also the reasons behind their occurrence. Consider the steps listed below:
- Read the Adaptive Constructive Processes and the Future of Memory and A Range of Memory Possibilities: The Challenge of the false Memory Debate for Clinicians and Researchers articles, which offer an overview of memory errors and their origins.
- Keep in mind that your textbook is another valuable source of information regarding memory errors.
- Select a case mentioned in a news article where memory errors have been known or can be assumed to have occurred (e.g., eyewitness testimony, instances of recovered memories of traumatic experiences, etc.).
- Describe the main features of the errors, their consequences, and their possible sources (i.e., what are the features of human memory that make the errors possible?).
Engage your critical thinking skills:
- Explain what cognitive psychology suggests that people do to decrease the occurrence of the memory errors that you discuss in your paper. If these errors cannot be avoided, what does cognitive psychology suggest that people do to prevent the often damaging consequences of such errors?
- Note that statements regarding the inaccuracy of human memory, and strategies to decrease the occurrence of errors and their consequences are to be supported by scientific evidence collected by experts. Thus, review the literature on memory errors and use at least two peer-reviewed articles that can answer the questions above.
- Must begin with an introduction to the selected topic in which you define all concepts that will be discussed in the paper.
- Include a brief description of the memory errors featured in the selected news article as well as discussing potential sources and known or likely consequences according to the guidelines described above.
- Include a conclusion expressing your thoughts about how these memory errors can be prevented or reduced, and the extent to which their often dreadful consequences can be minimized. Keep in mind that although your opinion is valuable, it needs to be supported by scientific evidence.
The Memory Errors in Real Life Paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two additional scholarly sources in addition to the course text. The articles that you are asked to read for this assignment (Madill, 2004; Schacter, 2012) can be mentioned in your paper and can be included in the reference section, but a minimum of two additional articles is required.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
The assignments in this course will be submitted to Waypoint. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the Waypoint Tutorial.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.