Natural Disaster Emergency Plans | Get Quick Solution
Can you help me understand this Law question?
Preparedness is a key element of any Emergency Operations Plan. The dynamics of any natural disaster unfolds in real time with inherent uncertainty and involves risk to life and property. Preparedness planning is an essential process to consider how to identify tasks, what are available local, regional, and federal resources that might be needed, the potential populace to consider and who has jurisdictional authority and responsibility to act. Participation of all stakeholders is essential in the planning process to reduce duplication of effort, develop supporting partnerships, and identify common operational processes. Research and analysis of how other nations conduct their own natural disaster preparedness planning offers insight into the social, political, intellectual, and technological driving forces that influence the planning processes and how these and current best practices/lessons learned can be integrated for community and operational understanding.
Considering what you learned from your community’s emergency planning in comparison with what you learned from other countries, develop a brief emergency plan to address a high-level natural disaster risk in your community, paying particular attention to the gaps you have uncovered in your research.
In 3-5 pages, develop an emergency management plan. The plan must address the following at minimum:
- Situation and assumptions
- What are the circumstances around the event you consider at most risk in your community (you may provide a brief scenario)
- What is the chain of command? Explain.
- What are the objectives of the plan? Explain.
- Concept of operations
- What are the functions and tasks that will be performed to fulfill the plan’s goals and missions?
- Organization and assignment of responsibilities
- Who is in charge of specific functions and tasks? Why?
- Direction and control
- How will the processes of the plan stay on course? Explain.
- Plan development and maintenance
- What are some key factors that must be taken into consideration during the plan development phase?
APA style only!