PHIL100 7 Study questions
Im studying for my Philosophy class and need an explanation.
- What is Euthyphros first definition of piety; how does Socrates respond? What is Euthphros second definition and how does it fix the problem that the first definition had? How does Socrates respond to the second definition? Explain.
- What is Euthyphros third definition of piety? How does Socrates respond to this definition? Explain.
- What is Descartes goal in the Meditations? How does he employ his method of hyperbolic doubt to this end? Name and explain the various tools he uses to cast doubt, the sorts of things each tool casts into doubt, and with each tool what remains undoubted? Explain. Note: Drawing the table is not enough; you must explain the various elements on the table.
- At the end of Meditation One, Descartes claims that we know the mind for certain, but cant know anything about physical objects themselves. In Mediation Two, he gives the wax argument to further prove that we cant know anything about physical objects themselves. Explain this argument and how it demonstrates this rather bold conclusion. How is the knowledge of our mind different than knowledge of physical objects?
- In Lockes Causal Theory of Perception, he makes a distinction between what he calls Primary Qualities and Secondary Qualities. Explain first what a quality is and then explain his distinction between the Primary and Secondary Qualities. Lastly, explain how this distinction allows him to think he has vindicated the work of Isaac Newton.
- Berkeley attempts to collapse Lockes Primary/Secondary Quality distinction. Lay out his arguments for this. Explain his Master Argument (what he thinks physical objects really are) and demonstrate how it ties to the arguments that allow him to collapse the Primary/Secondary Quality distinction.
- Explain what Locke means by substratum. Berkeley mounts three attacks against this concept. Explain each. In attacking substratum, Berkeley believes he has provided an argument for the existence of God. Trace these arguments.
Responses to each study question are intended to be between 2-3 pages around 600-700 words. And also, question no.5 should be deliver to me on monday, Feb 17th, and I will tips you depend on your answer’s quality.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.