Psychological need satisfaction and well-being | Get Quick Solution
I’m studying for my Psychology class and need an explanation.
Psychological Need Satisfaction and Well-Being
In this discussion, we will consider the relationship between need satisfaction and psychological well-being. Some theorists believe that psychological well-being increases with need satisfaction. According to self-determination theory, psychological well-being depends on need satisfaction. When needs are not satisfied, psychological well-being suffers. Thus, one hypothesis is that as need satisfaction increases, psychological well-being increases (Deckers, 2018).
For this discussion, complete the following:
- Use the Basic Psychological Needs Scale (BPNS) to measure the strength of your psychological needs of autonomy, competence, and relatedness (belongingness, affiliation). See Table 8.3 (page 245) in the Motivation: Biological, Psychological, and Environmental text for more information. The link for the BPNS is in the Resources section.
- The assessment is free, but you will have to register on the landing page of the site to gain access.
- Calculate the need satisfaction score by summing the satisfaction scores of the needs of autonomy, competence, and relatedness.
- Measure and score your current psychological well-being with the Satisfaction With Life Scale (SWLS), the link for which is in the Resources section.
- Without disclosing very personal information, share your scores on the two assessments in your initial post. Then, discuss the following:
- If we tabulated everyone’s scores, describe what kind of correlations between the two assessments you would predict—positive (when one score goes up, the other score goes up), negative (when one score goes up, the other score goes down), or zero (one score is unrelated to the other score).
- Assume that the correlation between the two test scores is positive. If this is the case, describe the relationship between satisfaction with life and having one’s psychological needs satisfied.
- Describe with an example what impact a person’s psychological needs being met may have on the person’s motivation.
Remember to cite scholarly evidence to support your statements when appropriate, using current APA style and formatting.
After your initial post, respond to at least two other learners’ posts by asking questions and adding comments that expand and deepen the conversation. Your responses are expected to be substantive in nature.
Deckers, L. (2018). Motivation: Biological, psychological, and environmental (5th ed.). New York, NY: Routledge.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.