Questions for Raising Cain book chapter 10-12
Im working on a English question and need guidance to help me study.
The attached file is chapter 10-12 of Raising Cain book
Answer each questions below at least 300 words.
- According to Thompson and Kindlon, The fact that relationships dont come easily and naturally for manyeven mostboys is the result of the conflict they experience between several powerful forces in their psyches and the failure of their emotional education to prepare them for the work of intimacy and relationship. Discuss this quotation. What are the powerful forces in boys psyches that Thompson and Kindlon are referring to? In what ways does our culture deny boys the tools that they need for relationships?
- Does anything you have read in Chapter 9or elsewhere in this bookhelp explain the kinds of male behavior that the me too movement is intent on exposing and stopping?
- Kindlon and Thompson say that “everyone has a theory about what makes children violent.” What is their theory about what makes boys turn to violence? In other words, how do they explain the violent behavior of boys? What do you think of their ideas and why?
- Kindlon and Thompson say that in our culture men “are rarely celebrated for moral or emotional courage.” What is moral and emotional courage? What might be some examples of this kind of courage? How does it differ from the kinds of courage that boys are encouraged to have?
- Throughout this book, Kindlon and Thompson have been talking about “the big impossible.” Why do they think that our culture’s expectations for boys are “impossible”? Do you agree with them? What are some specific expectations that they think are impossible? What do you think?
- Kindlon and Thompson make seven suggestions that aim “to transform the way you nurture and protect the emotional life of the boy in your life.” Choose one of these suggestions and talk about why it might or might not be an effective way to approach some of the problems this book has discussed.
- Kindlon and Thompson say that they hope their book would cause the reader to “examine his or her deepest assumptions about boys”? As a reader, do you think the book has succeeded? Have any of your assumptions about boys been challenged, and if so, which assumptions?
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.