sociology discussion post | Get Quick Solution
I need help with a Social Science question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
length doesn’t matter, just as long as all the questions are answered. it is for a discussion board.
Video URL (click on blue title to watch in a separate window): “Why is White Collar Crime Not Taken Seriously?” (Links to an external site.)
- Please find an example of a white collar crime in the last thirty years and embed a picture of the crime.
- Remember white collar crime is broad, and includes crimes such as tax evasion (big in the news this week), embezzlement or stealing people’s retirement funds, as well as workplace violations, and corporate crimes. You can use an example in the film and/or do a search in the proquest database for an example.
- Please share your example with us and answer:
- What makes this a white collar crime?
- What was done and who got hurt?
- Did anyone get punished, and how?
Examples that come to mind:
- Bhopal Gas Tragedy in India in 1984
- Enron Scandal in 2001
- BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010
- PG&E and the Paradise/Camp Fire in 2018