The rise of secular humanism
I dont know how to handle this Psychology question and need guidance.
Benchmark – Christianity and Research
The rise of secular humanism to prominence in the scientific community has led to the mantra that there is no place for Christianity in scientific study. This assignment will explore the potential conflict of Christianity, science, and ethics, and will guide the learner to make conclusions regarding the appropriate influence of the Christian worldview on psychology research ethics.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric.
- Use APA style for their writing assignments.
- Support all statements with appropriate, contemporary research. Cite and reference at least four scholarly sources other than those in the module and assignment readings.
Write a paper (2,000-2,250 words) that addresses the role of the Christian worldview in the application of research ethics in the field of psychology. Address the following in your paper:
- Is Christianity specifically incompatible with Ph.D. research in the field of psychology? Why or why not?
- Is the Christian worldview compatible with research ethics in the field of psychology? Why or why not?
- To what extent should the Christian worldview influence the type of psychology research conducted and the ethics of that research? Why?
- To what extent do you perceive that the Christian worldview will influence the topic and ethics of your intended dissertation research? Why? Is this different than you expected? Why or why not? (Benchmarks Relationships, Spirit, and Self-Discovery C8.1: Appraise the evolution of one’s personal self and worldview.