what were the primary motivations and factors that led to the U.S. shift from isolationism and continental expansion to imperialism by the late 19th and early 20th centuries?
Im studying for my History class and need an explanation.
J.A. Hobson, a British theorist, and Vladimir Lenin, the Russian revolutionary and leader of the Bolshevik (later Communist Party) in the Soviet Union, both criticized late 19th century imperialism as a capitalist conspiracy by big business to subjugate colonies for pure economic gain. Colonies provided cheap raw materials and guaranteed markets for European and U.S. trusts and monopolies. But what about ideological factors such as the idea of the civilizing mission or Manifest Destiny? By the late 19th century, the U.S. joined other European powers in constructing an empire.
- The First Draft (for Peer Review online) is due on Feb. 5 by 11:59 p.m. You must have a completed draft of the writing assignment (not just an outline or a page or two) with citations and a bibliography. The peer review needs to be completed by Feb. 7, 11:59 p.m. You will upload your rough draft and final draft to Canvas (it will be checked for similarity via Turnitin). The Final version of the paper is due by Feb 10, 11:59 p.m. Late papers will be penalized by one grade per class session.
- This paper is worth 20% of the course grade.
- The length of the paper should be 5-6 pages (approximately 1500-1700 words not including citations).
- The paper must be typed in Times New Roman 12-point font and double-spaced.
- For background information please see Roark chapter 20. You must provide at least 4 outside sources (besides Roark and Johnson texts), two of which must be primary sources.
- All sources must be correctly cited using the Chicago Manual of Style. You must also provide a separate Bibliography at the end of your paper. You should refer to Diana Hacker (Links to an external site.). The Chicago style is clearly explained and a model paper (with correct citations and bibliography) is provided as well.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations on your paper, our money back guarantee allows you to request a refund.
We don’t our clients private information with anyone. What happens on our website remains confidential.
Our service is legit
We always keep our word and follow every instruction on order, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper for plagiarism before submission, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 4 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency of your paper. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.