Working Memory in the Real World | Get Quick Solution
I don’t understand this Psychology question and need help to study.
Purpose: The goal of this discussion is to think about how working memory could help us understand various behaviors or skills. Reflecting on the model in a real-world context will help you develop a better understanding of how the different components of working memory contribute to domain specific abilities.
Task: The book discusses several applications of working memory in academic and clinical contexts. For example, working memory spans are highly correlated to performance in school. We also learned how individuals dealing with certain clinical disorders show consistent trends in their phonological loop, visuospatial sketchpad, and central executive spans. After reviewing these findings, I want you to come up with another application of working memory.
Search the internet for a media or scientific article about how working memory is related to some particular ability, behavior, or skill. You can also think of your own idea of an area/domain in which you believe working memory might be important and then search online to see if you find support for it. For example, here is an article about Working Memory and Learning in Children (Links to an external site.).
The article YOU find must NOT be about any academic ability (such as schooling or intelligence) or clinical disorders discussed in the book (i.e., ADHD, MDD, or Anxiety).
I want you to find a novel application that was not considered in the book and then complete the following:
- Summarize the article you found. Make sure your summary answers the following two questions:
- What skill/ability/behavior does it discuss as associated with working memory?
- How does working memory contribute to this skill/ability/behavior ?
- Answer the following: What working memory component (i.e., phonological loop, visuospatial sketchpad, or central executive) seems to be most important for the application you found? Why?
- This response could be based on information in the article or your own predictions given what you learned about each working memory component. Be sure to explain your answer.
- Include a link to the article you found.