Working With Military Spouses, Families, and Children
Can you help me understand this Social Science question?
- Program Evaluation: Select a program or service and evaluate its use and appropriateness for military families.
- Using the template provided, identify the program and describe the details (e.g., what is the purpose of the program, what are the essential elements, who does it benefit?).
- Provide an executive summary of the program. In a descriptive narrative, provide any recommendations you might have for the program, what you learned about the program, and how it may or may not meet the needs of military families.
- How will this information help you in your future role?
- Volunteer or Social Service Learning Opportunity: For example, you can volunteer at an event with the Wounded Warrior Project or other military support program.
- Locate a military program in which you can volunteer in a social service learning opportunity. You might lead an effort to send care packages to military personnel or military families. Think about a creative way that you could engage in a program to support military personnel and their families.
- Describe the activity, what led you to choose that activity, and how you engaged in it.
- Describe your experiences, benefits, limitations, and what you learned or gained from the activity.
- Explain how the information you gained can help you in your role as a helping professional.
Summary: Explain how your chosen project may help you understand the stressors, family dynamics, challenges, and advantages of military families.
The Final Project will be a 10- to 12-page paper and must include the following:
- Identification of your chosen assignment (Option 1 or 2)
- A minimum of 5 scholarly articles
- Adherence to APA style and format